Low FODMAP Blueberry Muffins
20 minutes preparation time, 15-20 minutes cooking time
¼ cup buckwheat groats
4 gluten free weetbix, crushed
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 ¼ cup gluten-free flour
2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup macadamia oil
½ cup lactose-free milk
2 cups blueberries
Additional brown sugar to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC and line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Cook ¼ cup buckwheat groats in water as per packet instructions. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked buckwheat, gluten-free weetbix, sugar, gluten-free flour, bicarb soda and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, macadamia oil and lactose-free milk.
- Stir the wet ingredients through the dry ingredients until just combined. Mix the blueberries through the batter then divide evenly between the muffin cases.
- Sprinkle each muffin with additional brown sugar and pepita seeds and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Makes 12 muffins