Carrot, Parsnip, Lemongrass and Ginger Soup
15 minutes preparation time, 20-30 minutes cooking time
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 stalk lemongrass
800g carrots, peeled and cut into medium pieces
300g parsnip, peeled and cut into medium pieces
1 handful fresh basil leaves
500mL low FODMAP vegetable stock
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a medium to large saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add ginger and lemongrass and cook for 30 seconds or until flavour releases and becomes fragrant.
- Add carrot and parsnip and stir through the basil.
- Add stock, cover saucepan with a lid and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat, and simmer for 20-30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Use a hand held stick blender to puree the vegetables until smooth. Add extra boiling water if you prefer your soup to be a thinner consistency.
- Stir through lemon juice, testing the taste after each tablespoon.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.