When starting out on a low FODMAP diet is, a common question is ‘what can I snack on?’. Here, we look at the best packaged low FODMAP snacks.
In general, I try to be general with recommendations of packaged foods, however when it comes to FODMAPs, this is often difficult to do, as not every packaged product in a range is likely to be low FODMAP. Hence, the following list is quite specific!
Whilst choosing less packaged options is great, having some packaged options around can make life much simpler, and help you to be more organised, and less stressed – exactly what you need when following a low FODMAP diet!
All of the following options can easily be kept in your bag, your desk drawer or the glovebox of your car (in cooler months!) without too much concern.
So, here are the best packaged low FODMAP snacks:
1. Food for Health – Cinnamon Bar, or Cinnamon, Hazelnut and Chia Bar, or Vanilla, Blueberry and Teff Bar*
2. Naturally Good Muesli Cookie – Brownie, Vanilla or Cinnamon flavour*
3. Kez’s – Fructose Free Cereal Bites*
4. Golden Days – Peanut Nut Snaps, or Sesame snaps*
5. Simply Wize – Gluten Free Deli Wafers, or Almond Crisp Bread*
6. Lidells – Natural, lactose free yoghurt (Barambah, or Black Swan are great alternatives).
7. MonJay Mezza – Fetta and Olive Dip
8. Pic’s – Natural Peanut Butter (or Sanitarium, Kraft or Mayver’s Natural Peanut Butter)
9. Sun Rice – Rice Cakes, plain
10. Mission – Brown Bag White Corn Tortilla Strips
And a last one for luck… Kez’s have recently brought out a range of low FODMAP cookies, there’s melting moments*, vienna eclairs* and florentines*; making a wonderful choice for a treat.
*Most of the choices in the above list have been tested by the FODMAP Friendly crew to ensure that there are no FODMAPs hiding!
I’d love to hear if you have any other recommendations of packaged, low FODMAP snacks!