Zucchini zoodle pesto
- 250g packet zoodles (or 250g zuchinni to spiralise your own)
250g packet sweet potato spaghetti (or 250g sweet potato or carrot to spiralise your own)
- 2 tbsp low fodmap garlic-infused oil
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packed up of fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup of toasted pinenuts
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup grated vegan parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Chop the ends off zucchini and place in spiralizer if making your own zoodles, repeat for sweet potato or carrot. If you don’t have a spiraliser, peel long strips using a vegetable peeler.
- Add zoodles and sweet potato/carrot spaghetti to a steamer and place in saucepan on top of boiling water (or microwave as per packet instructions, if bought).
- In a food processor, blend all remaining ingredients until the pesto turns into a fine paste.
- Place pesto in the bowl with the zoodles and sweet potato or carrot and toss to combine.
- Serve zoodles with your favourite low-fodmap salad.
|Per 100g||Per serve|
Note: 1 low FODMAP serving of zucchini is 65g, so ensure to stick to the recipe of 250g for 4 servings
Note: 1 low FODMAP serving of sweet potato is 75g, so ensure to stick to the recipe of 250g for 4 servings
Note: If you would prefer to use pasta instead of zoodles, gluten free pasta is a great choice.