Zucchini, Pumpkin and Capsicum Fritters
10 minutes preparation time, 15-25 minutes cooking time
1 egg, lightly whisked
130g zucchini (aprox 1/2 medium), grated
200g Kent or Jap pumpkin, grated
½ red capsicum, cut into small pieces
2 spring onions, green portion only, thinly sliced
¼ cup gluten free self-raising flour
1 tbsp parmesan cheese, finely grated
1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
Salt and cracked pepper, to taste
Olive oil spray
- Combine grated zucchini, pumpkin, capsicum, spring onions, flour and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Add the egg and stir, so all ingredients are combined and the batter is smooth.
- Add the basil and chives and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil.
- Using a dessertspoon, add batter in spoonfuls into the hot pan. Cook fritters for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Most pans are big enough to cook two or three fritters at a time. Repeat step 5 until all batter is used.
- Serve hot on their own or with a side of fresh tomato and rocket.
Please Log in to view this content.