5-10 minutes preparation time, 10 minutes cooking time
2 eggs, lightly whisked
2 medium zucchinis, grated
½ red capsicum, cut into small pieces
2 spring onions, green portion only, thinly sliced
¼ cup gluten free self-raising flour
1 tbsp parmesan cheese, finely grated
1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
Cracked pepper, to taste
Olive oil spray
- Combine grated zucchini, capsicum, spring onions, flour and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and whisk, so all ingredients are combined and the batter is smooth.
- Add the basil and season with pepper to taste.
- Heat a medium frying pan over high heat and spray with olive oil.
- Using a dessertspoon, add batter in spoonfuls into the hot pan. Cook fritters for 1 minute on each side, or until golden.
- Most pans are big enough to cook two or three fritters at a time. Repeat step 5 until all batter is used.
- Serve hot on their own or with a side of fresh tomato and rocket.
Note: These fritters freeze well. Double the quantity and freeze for a convenient second meal.
Please Log in to view this content.