Zesty blueberry pancakes
- 200g gluten-free flour (use normal plain flour, if you don’t need these to be gluten-free)
- 250-300ml unsweetened almond milk
- 100g blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbs of sugar (raw or caster)
- 1 tbs ground flax seed
- 1 tbs water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- Zest of half-whole lemon
- 1 tbs vegetable oil (or vegan butter)
- 1. Mix together the water and flax seed to allow a glue like mixture to form.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar and baking powder together, along with the lemon rind and chia seeds.
- 3. Add the milk, vanilla extract, and flax seed mixture.
- 4. Using a balloon whisk or a wooden spoon, beat the mixture together thoroughly.
- 5. Heat a frying pan with a little of the oil, add half a ladle full of batter.
- 6. Place a few blueberries in the pancake, once mixture begins to bubble, flip pancake with a spatula to the other side to complete the cooking.
- 7. Once cooked on both sides, remove from the pan and repeat until all the batter has been used
- 8. Serve pancakes with additional blueberries or strawberries and a squeeze of lemon juice.
|Per 100g||Per serve|