Spinach, Broccoli and Potato Soup
10-15 minutes preparation time, ~20 minutes cooking time
600g diced potato, peeled
350g fresh broccoli florets
6 large silver beet leaves, stems removed, roughly chopped (150g chopped leaves)
1 Tbsp garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp chilli-infused extra virgin olive oil (or garlic-infused, if not a fan of chilli)
4 Massel 7’s chicken-style stock cubes
1L boiling water
Salt and pepper
Lactose-free natural yoghurt to serve, if desired.
- Heat combined olive oils in medium-large saucepan. Add potato and broccoli. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dissolve stock cubes in boiled water.
- Add stock, stir to combine. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. Add in spinach, simmer for further 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes. Blend with stick-blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with a dollop of lactose-free natural yoghurt, if desired.
Delicious served with a slice of freshly toasted low-fodmap bread!