10 minutes preparation time, 20 minutes cooking time
1 carrot, grated
½ zucchini, grated
½ capsicum, diced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
¾ cup buckwheat flour
¾ tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tbsp parmesan cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tbsp ricotta cheese
¼ cup lactose-free milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC and line a 6 cup muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Combine the vegetables, buckwheat flour, bicarbonate soda, dried herbs and parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, ricotta cheese and lactose-free milk.
- Stir egg mixture through the dry ingredients until just combined. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or keep in the fridge for up to 1 week
Note: This amount of ricotta cheese is low in FODMAPs and should be tolerated by most individuals with IBS.
Please Log in to view this content.