Vegan Shepherd’s Pie
Shepherd Pie Filling
- 1 cup of leek finely sliced (green parts only
- 1 cup green beans sliced into 1cm pieces
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 200g Jap pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 400g canned lentils, drained and thoroughly rinsed
- 1 tbs of garlic infused olive oil
- 400g plain crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup low fodmap vegetable stock
- ¼ cup walnuts finely chopped
- 2 tbs vegan worcestershire sauce (homemade or szore bought)
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- 600g white potato peeled and diced
- 200g sweet potato peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- ½ cup of vegan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC (375ºF) bake function. Grease a large oven proof dish.
- Place both types of potatoes into a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes until tender. Drain, add the dairy free butter and salt, then mash until smooth. Add a splash of soy milk if your mash is too dry.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, make the pie filling – heat a large frypan over medium heat. Add the garlic infused oil, then sauté the leek tips for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the carrot and pumpkin, then sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Next add the canned tomatoes, stock, rinsed lentils, walnuts, all herbs and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until thick.
- Remove bay leaf and season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the filling into the oven proof dish and top with the mashed potato. Sprinkle with grated vegan cheese. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then place under the grill for a couple of minutes until golden brown.
|Per 100g||Per serve|
Please Log in to view this content.