Vegan, low fodmap hearty minestrone soup
- cup of leek thinly sliced (green tips only)
- 2 large carrot cubed
- 1 small potato cubed
- ½ medium celery stalk cubed
- 1 tbs garlic infused olive oil
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 160g zucchini diced
- 400g plain chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups of low fodmap vegetable stock
- 1 ¼ cup of boiling water
- ½ fresh basil roughly chopped
- 1 cup of canned chickpeas in brine (thoroughly washed)
- ½ cup of wheat free pasta (spirals or shells)
- Drizzle of garlic infused olive oil
- 2tbps of vegan parmesan
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic infused oil, carrot, potato, celery and green leek tips. Saute gently for 15 to 20 minutes until the ingredients start to soften. Add a drizzle of olive oil and turn down the heat if needed (you want the vegetables soft but not too brown).
- Then add the canned tomatoes, stock, hot water, zucchinis, spinach leaves, and chickpeas. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta and basil to the soup. Cook the pasta in the soup according to packet directions, or until the pasta is cooked. If the soup is too thick, add a little bit of water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with baby basil leaves and a drizzle of garlic infused oil and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Serve
|Per 100g||Per serve|
Please Log in to view this content.