Tuna and Egg Salad with Turmeric Dressing
10 minutes preparation time, 10 minutes cooking time
1 white potato, cut into eighths
½ cup green beans, ends trimmed and halved
1 cup cos lettuce leaves
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
25g black kalamata olives, pitted
95g tin tuna in spring water, liquid drained
1 tsp turmeric
Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Half fill a small saucepan with cold water, add the egg and bring to boil over a high heat. Once water is boiling, reduce heat to medium and cook for further 5 minutes. Transfer egg to a bowl of cool water.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a small microwave proof bowl with a dash of water. Cover and microwave for 4 minutes or until potatoes are just cooked. Drain water and set aside to cool.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, olives and tinned tuna in a salad bowl. Add the cooked potatoes and green beans and mix together.
- Crack the boiled egg and remove the shell. Slice into quarters and then place on top of salad.
- Place turmeric in a small dish, add a drizzle of olive oil and combine. Drizzle over salad just before serving.
Please Log in to view this content.