5 minutes preparation time, 10 minutes cooking time
500g firm tofu, grated and excess water squeezed out
¼ cup spring onion, green part only, thinly sliced
1 carrot, grated
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 tbsp crushed ginger
Salt and pepper, to taste
Olive oil (garlic infused if desired)
4 gluten free burger rolls
1 tomato, sliced
8 iceberg lettuce leaves
4 slices tasty cheese
- Combine the tofu, spring onion and herbs in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, gently beat the egg and then stir into the tofu mix until well combined.
- Heat and grease a large pan with a little oil.
- Split the mixture into four balls and then flatten slightly before gently placing in pan.
- Cook on medium heat for approximately 5 minutes each side, or until they are a lovely golden brown colour.
- Meanwhile, cut the rolls in half and top with a layer of cheese, tomato and lettuce.
- Remove patties from pan and add to the roll.
Note: Adding Worcestershire sauce to the pattie mix is a tasty addition.