20 minutes preparation time, 20 minutes cooking time
½ cup white quinoa
1 cup water
1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
500g beef mince
2 carrots, grated
2 zucchinis, grated
1 tsp mixed Italian dried herbs
3 spring onions, green part only, thinly sliced
400g can diced tomato
4 capsicums, halved length ways
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Place quinoa into a small saucepan with water and cook over medium heat until water is absorbed. Quinoa does not need to be fully cooked, as cooking will be completed in the oven.
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Grease with garlic infused olive oil and stir-fry beef mince until browned.
- Add the grated carrot and zucchini and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the dried herbs, canned tomatoes and spring onions.
- Add the partially cooked quinoa to the pan and stir through.
- Cut the capsicums in half length ways , remove the seeds and place on a lined baking dish, middle facing up.
- Spoon the savoury mince into the capsicums.
- Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
Note: These capsicums are delicious served warm or cold the following day for lunch.
Please Log in to view this content.