Spiced Roast Pork with Blueberries and Cabbage
10-15 minutes preparation time, 40 minutes cook time
800g pork scotch fillet
4 tsp Souk Spice (or your choice of spice mix)
30ml garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
5cm leek, green part only, finely sliced
2 cups red cabbage, shredded
2 cups red wine (such as pinot noir)
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Rub half the spice mix over the pork.
- Heat oil in a large roasting dish. Add the pork and brown on both sides, remove.
- Add the leek, cabbage, blueberries and remaining spice mix. Cook stirring for two minutes, and then pour in the wine and place the pork on top.
- Cover, and roast in oven for approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer the pork and vegetables to separate dishes, cover and rest in a warm place.
- To reduce the sauce, place the roasting dish on the stove and cook on moderate heat for 3 minutes.
- Slice the pork and serve on top of the cabbage mixture. Spoon sauce over the top and serve.
Note: This dish is delicious served with a side of with roasted vegetables.