Sichuan Peppered Beef with Asian Carrot Salad
15 minutes preparation time, 10 minutes cooking time
4 x 150g eye fillet steaks
1 tsp Sichuan peppercorns
2 tsp black peppercorns
2 carrots, grated
1 red capsicum, finely diced
4 spring onions, green part only, sliced
1 cup bean spouts
¼ cup coriander, chopped
¼ cup parsley, chopped
2 tbsp sesame seeds
¼ cup dry roasted peanuts
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp grated ginger
- Grind peppercorns and a pinch of salt in a mortar and pestle and lightly coat steak. Let rest at room temperature for up to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, toss all the salad ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a small jar and shake to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan (or BBQ) to medium-high heat.
- Cook the steaks for 3 minutes on each side (medium) or adjust cooking time to your liking. Let rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss to coat.
- Slice steak and serve on top of dressed salad.