Salmon Risotto with Fennel and Carrot
10 minutes preparation time, 20-25 minutes cooking time
- 1L low FODMAP vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1.5 cups Arborio rice
- 100ml dry white wine
- 400-500g lean salmon fillets, boneless and skin off
- Parmesan to serve
- Bring the stock to boil in a small saucepan, reduce the heat and keep on a simmer during the cook.
- Heat half the garlic infused olive oil in a medium saucepan and add the diced fennel. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Reduce the heat, then ½ a cup at a time, add the low FODMAP vegetable stock to the saucepan. All each portion to absorb, before adding the next ½ cup. Continue this until the rice is creamy – approx. 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining garlic infused olive oil in a frying pan and cook the salmon filets over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, depending on thickness, or until they are cooked to your liking. Allow the salmon to cool slightly then, flake into rough pieces with a fork.
- Once the rice is finished and creamy in consistency, serve in bowls and place the flaked salmon on top. Grate fresh parmersan to serve if desired.
Add the carrots and rice, stirring to soak up the rest of the moisture and coat, then add the white wine. Stir quickly and allow the rice to absorb the wine.
Please Log in to view this content.