Roasted Tomato Soup
5-10 minute preparation time, 50-55 minute cooking time
1kg tomatoes, quartered.
1 Tbsp garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 Massel 7’s chicken-style stock cubes
750ml boiling water
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
Salt and pepper
- Place tomatoes on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with garlic-infused olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Toss to coat evenly.
- Roast tomatoes at 160°C fan-forced (180°C conventional) fpr 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dissolve chicken stock cubes in boiled water.
- Combine roasted tomatoes and stock in medium-large saucepan. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool for 5 minutes. Blend with a stick-blender.
- Stir in basil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Delicious served with freshly toasted low-fodmap bread and a dollop of lactose-free natural yoghurt!