Roasted Pumpkin Soup
10 minutes preparation time, 40 minutes cooking time
1kg kent pumpkin, diced
2 Tbsp garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil
2 Massel 7’s chicken-style stock cubes
500ml boiling water
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp turmeric
Salt and pepper
- Place diced pumpkin on a lined baking tray/roasting pan. Drizzle 1 Tbsp of the garlic-infused olive oil and toast to coat.
- Bake pumpkin at 180°C fan-forced (200°C conventional) for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the stock cubes in the 500ml boiled water.
- Heat remaining garlic-infused olive oil in a medium saucepan, over a medium heat. Add cumin and turmeric, cook for 1 minute.
- Add roasted pumpkin to the pan, stir to coat in oil/spices. Add chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Removed from heat. Let cool for 5 minutes, then blend with a stick-blender.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Delicious served with freshly toasted low-fodmap bread.