Roast Pumpkin and Walnut Dip
15-20 minutes preparation time, 25 minutes cooking time
500g peeled Kent pumpkin, chopped into rough 2cm cubes
2 tablespoons Cobram Estate garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
¾ cup lactose-free natural yoghurt
½ cup walnuts
3-4 teaspoons ground cumin (to taste)
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice (to taste)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Gluten-free plain rice-crackers and salad sticks to serve
- Preheated oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan forced) and line a tray with baking paper
- Place pumpkin on baking tray and drizzle with garlic infused oil, toss to combine.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender and a skewer goes straight through. Sit tray aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Process walnuts until quite finely chopped (will resemble a crumb-like consistency).
- Add pumpkin, yoghurt, cumin and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Process until ingredients are just combined.
Makes about 1 ½ cups
Tip: Serve with crackers and salad sticks