Pumpkin, Olive and Capsicum Frittata
10 minutes preparation time, 20-25 minutes cooking time
Garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
2 red capsicums, chopped
½ cup pitted black kalamatta olives, chopped
150g Jap pumpkin, chopped
Fresh herbs (basil, parsley or any herbs of your choice)
50ml lactose-free milk
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place pumpkin in a microwave safe dish with a little water, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until pumpkin is nearly cooked. Remove from the microwave and drain any excess water.
- Lightly drizzle a hot medium sized frying pan with garlic infused extra virgin olive oil. Add capsicum, olives and pumpkin and sauté for 2 minutes and then add the fresh herbs.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs and lactose free milk together. Add Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour egg mix over vegetables and gently mix ingredients together. Cook on a low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat oven grill to medium and place frying pan under the grill. Cook the frittata for a further 7-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes and then serve.
Please Log in to view this content.