Pork Fried Rice
15 minutes preparation time, 40-45 minutes cooking time
- 1-1½ cups brown rice
- Garlic infused olive oil to grease pan
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 red long chilli, sliced finely (optional)
- 2 large carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 1 capsicum, chopped into small pieces
- 15-20 beans, ends trimmed and chopped into small pieces
- 500g cooked pork, cut into small pieces (we used left over from a roast)
- 1 tsp gluten free soy sauce
- ½ tsp oyster sauce
- 3-4 spring onions, green portions only, sliced
- Cook the rice in a saucepan or rice cooker, as per instructions on packet. This will take approximately 30 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a frying pan over medium to high heat and lightly grease with garlic infused olive oil. Once hot, add ginger and optional chilli to the pan and cook until fragrant.
- Add the carrot, capsicum and beans to the pan and cook for approximately 3 minute or until the vegetables have slightly softened.
- Add the cooked pork and rice at this time and heat through. Next add the sauces and spring onions and stir until all ingredients are well combined, warm and coated in the sauces.
Note: Rice can be cooked ahead of time to reduce cooking time
Ideally use low GI brown rice.
Please Log in to view this content.