Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Seed Slice
20 minutes preparation time, 15-20 minutes cooking time
¾ cup buckwheat – cooked
1 cup walnuts
10 brazil nuts
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup sunflower seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup rice malt syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- Pre-heat oven to 200oC and line a 20x20cm baking dish with baking paper.
- Cook ½ cup buckwheat groats in water as per packet instructions. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Place walnuts and brazil nuts in a small food processor and blend until nuts have broken down in size.
- Combine the cooked buckwheat, nuts, seeds and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla essence and rice malt syrup. Once combined, whisk through bicarbonate soda until mixture gets a little foamy.
- Stir the wet ingredients through the dry ingredients. Spread the mixture evenly in the baking dish and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and divide into slices.
Makes 12 pieces
Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks