Mini Chicken and Vegetable Pizzas
1-1.5 hours preparation time, 15-20 minutes cooking time
2 ½ cups gluten free plain flour
2 tsp dried yeast
Pinch of sugar
Large pinch of salt
1 – 1¼ cups warm water
1 Tbsp garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
300g chicken breast
½ cup low FODMAP pesto of your choice
1 large zucchini, grated into long strips with a vegetable peeler
1 large red capsicum, cut into small pieces
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Combine the gluten free flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add warm water and garlic infused olive oil. Use a blunt knife to slowly stir and combine ingredients to form a dough and then using your hands bring the dough together.
- Knead dough for 7-10 minutes on a lightly floured surface until dough is elastic.
- Cover dough in a damp towel, place in a bowl and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes – 1 hour, or until dough has doubled in size.
- During this time, grill chicken on a barbeque or griddle pan for 7 minute until cooked through,. Set aside to cool and then cut into small cubes.
- Pre-heat oven to 200oC and line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- When dough is ready, separate into 6 equal portions. Lightly knead one portion at a time for 20 seconds and then use a rolling pin roll the dough into a circle approximately 15cm in diameter.
- Place the dough on top of the lined baking trays and spread pesto evenly over the top of each pizza. Evenly scatter chicken, capsicum and zucchini over pizzas and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake pizzas for 15-20 minutes or until pizza base is cooked.
- Cut into triangular slices and serve.
Please Log in to view this content.