Meatballs and Zoodles
20 minutes preparation time, 2 hours cooking time
500g lean beef mince
2 carrots, grated
3 spring onions, green part only, finely chopped
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
2 Tbsp plain gluten free flour
Garlic infused extra virgin olive oil to grease pan
400g can diced tomatoes
4 large zucchinis
Fresh herbs for sprinkling
- Pre heat oven to 180o
- In a large bowl combine mince, carrot, green parts of spring onions, mixed herbs, egg and flour.
- Divide mixture into heaped tablespoon size portions and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, or turn your slow cooker to a sear setting. Add meatballs and cook for 2-4 minutes, constantly rotating to evenly sear the surface of each meatball.
- If using a frying pan, now transfer the meatballs to a slowcooker. Cover with passata and a can of diced tomatoes. Cook on high for 1.5-2hrs or until cooked through.
- Once meatballs have cooked, bring a saucepan of water to boil.
- Chop the ends off each zucchini and place in spiralizer to make zoodles. If you don’t have a spiraliser, peel long strips using a vegetable peeler.
- Add zoodles to a steamer and place in saucepan on top of boiling water.
- Serve meatballs over cooked zoodles, and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Makes approximately 20 meatballs
Note: If you don’t want to use all the meatballs, set some aside prior to cooking at step 5 and freeze to use at a later date.
Note: If you would prefer to use pasta instead of zoodles, gluten free pasta is a great choice.
Please Log in to view this content.