Tofu Fried Rice with Turmeric Satay
This easy fried rice recipe is vegetarian AND low FODMAP – not always an easy combination to hit in one meal! This one used the delicious Satay Sauce with Turmeric from NOGO Sauces – an amazing, lady-led business out of Melbourne.
Serves 4. Prep and cooking time: 35 mins.
2-3 tbspn No Go Sauces Turmeric Satay Sauce
250g firm tofu, diced
1 red capsicum, diced
1 carrot, diced
½ cup frozen peas
1 cup brown rice (uncooked)
Extra virgin olive oil
- Cook rice in rice cooker until 90% cooked, as per rice cooker instructions (usually approx. 25 minutes)
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in pan and add tofu, cook until going a light golden colour.
- Add capsicum and carrot, along with frozen peas, to pan, and combine all ingredients.
- Add 2-3 tbspn No Go Sauces Turmeric Satay Sauce, and mix through thoroughly
- Take rice and pour into the fry pan (including any excess water,). Mix all ingredients together, then allow to simmer off any extra fluid.
- Split among bowls, and sprinkle with fresh basil to finish.