Low FODMAP Vegetable Stock
15 minutes preparation time, 2.5 hours cooking time
1 whole onion, skin removed (removed after cooking, so stock remains low FODMAP)
4 cloves garlic, whole (removed after cooking, so the stock remains low FODMAP)
4 large carrots, chopped
2 celery sticks, chopped
2 parsnips, chopped
1 swede, chopped
2 dried bay leaves
2 Tbsp peppercorns
1 handful parsley
2 sprigs rosemary
2 sprigs thyme
2 sprigs oregano
- Add all vegetables and herbs to a large saucepan and cover with 4L of water.
- Bring to boil, and then reduce heat to low.
- Partially cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer for approximately 2 hours, adding more water if required.
- After 2 hours, turn off the heat and remove all the vegetables from the liquid.
- Strain the liquid to remove any remaining herbs.
- Stock can be used immediately, or divided into individual serves and frozen for use later.
Makes approximately 2L stock