Low FODMAP Stock
10 minutes preparation time, 2.5-3 hours cooking time
1 large chicken carcass (already cooked)
2 large carrots, chopped into large chunks
1 celery stick, chopped into chunks
½ cup spring onion, green part only, sliced
1 leek, green part only, sliced
3 dried bay leaves
2 tsp peppercorns
2 sprigs parsley
2 sprigs thyme
2 L water
- Place chicken carcass and all vegetables and herbs into a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to boil, and then reduce heat to low.
- Partially cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer for 2.5 hours, adding extra water if required.
- After 2.5 hours, turn off the heat and remove as much of the vegetables, bones and herbs that you can from the liquid.
- Strain the liquid to remove any remaining herbs and peppercorns.
- Refrigerate stock overnight. Remove any fat that has solidified on the surface. Stock is now ready to use.
Makes approximately 1 litre of stock
Please Log in to view this content.