Low FODMAP Lemon & Olive Oil Cake
When it comes to impressive, but oh so easy desserts, this low FODMAP lemon and olive oil cake takes the well… cake! With just a few ingredients and quick prep time, you’ll be serving up this low FODMAP dessert in next to no time.
- 2 cups of low FODMAP flour
- 1 cup of lemon-infused EVOO
- Pinch of salt (rosemary salt works great)
- Zest and juice of 1 medium-sized lemon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- Sift flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and create a well.
- Add lemon zest and juice to the mixture with olive oil, egg and sugar to another bowl and combine well.
- Intermittently add the wet to the dry. The texture will appear slightly curdish – this is where we want to be!
- Bake for 25 minutes making sure to regularly check it’s not burning!
Recipe contributed by Olivia Campany