Low FODMAP Lasagne
10-15 minutes preparation time, 30-45 minutes cooking time
2 Tbsp garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
400g lean beef mince
1 zucchini, grated
1 red capsicum, finely chopped
4 cups baby spinach leaves
1 can chopped tomatoes
½ cup red wine
½ cup water
1 handful basil
1 handful oregano
Cracked pepper, to taste
6-8 Gluten free lasagne sheets
¾ cup cottage cheese
¾ cup pizza cheese
- Preheat oven to 180o
- Heat oil in large fry pan, and then brown the beef mince.
- Stir through all vegetables, except the spinach leaves.
- Stir through canned tomatoes and red wine.
- Add herbs and spices.
- If time permits, simmer on low heat for 20 minutes, (this will allow the full flavour of the sauce to develop). Add a little water if the sauce appears to be drying out.
- Add baby spinach leaves and fold through until just wilted.
- Meanwhile, grease a casserole or baking dish with olive oil and line the bottom with lasagne sheets.
- Spoon enough sauce onto the bottom layer of lasagne to cover, and then add another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Repeat this until sauce is used.
- Spread cream cheese over the top layer and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with lid or foil and then place in oven.
- Cook in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook for another 10 mins to brown the cheese.
Note: To save time, reduce the simmering duration in step 6 to 5-10 minutes.
Note: If you like, and to save time, you can use either this sauce recipe, or the recipe from the FODMAP Friendly Bolognese and freeze portions to use in either dish. Enjoy!
Please Log in to view this content.