Low FODMAP Lasagne
10-15 minutes preparation time, 30-45 minutes cooking time
2 Tbsp garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
400g lean beef mince
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 red capsicum, finely chopped
4 cups baby spinach leaves
1 can chopped tomatoes
½ cup red wine
½ cup water
1 handful basil
1 handful oregano
Cracked pepper, to taste
6-8 Gluten free lasagne sheets
¾ cup cottage cheese
¾ cup pizza cheese
- Preheat oven to 180o
- Heat oil in large fry pan, and then brown the beef mince.
- Stir through all vegetables, except the spinach leaves.
- Stir through canned tomatoes and red wine.
- Add herbs and spices.
- If time permits, simmer on low heat for 20 minutes, (this will allow the full flavour of the sauce to develop). Add a little water if the sauce appears to be drying out.
- Add baby spinach leaves and fold through until just wilted.
- Meanwhile, grease a casserole or baking dish with olive oil and line the bottom with lasagne sheets.
- Spoon enough sauce onto the bottom layer of lasagne to cover, and then add another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Repeat this until sauce is used.
- Spread cream cheese over the top layer and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with lid or foil and then place in oven.
- Cook in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook for another 10 mins to brown the cheese.
Note: To save time, reduce the simmering duration in step 6 to 5-10 minutes.
Note: If you like, and to save time, you can use either this sauce recipe, or the recipe from the FODMAP Friendly Bolognese and freeze portions to use in either dish. Enjoy!