Low FODMAP Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake
20-25 minutes preparation time, 10-15 minutes cooking time
500g dark chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons maple syrup
125g unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon gluten-free flour, sifted
Icing sugar for dusting
Raspberries to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (or 160 °C fan forced), and grease + line a 20cm round spring form pan with baking paper.
- Combine the chocolate, maple syrup and butter in a small bowl
- Over a saucepan of simmering water, stir occasionally until melted.
- Take off heat to let cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on high for 8-10 minutes until thick and pale (important to beat for this time length).
- Fold in the sifted flour, then the chocolate mixture until combined.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake for 12 minutes (centre will not be set).
- Remove from oven and run a knife around the edge of the cake. Remove collar from spring form pan and place the cake to the fridge for 1 hour (important as it sets the middle of the cake more)
- Dust cake with icing sugar and slice into 12 pieces
Serve with fresh raspberries and enjoy!
Makes 12 slices (is quite rich, so a smaller slice like this is ideal)