Low FODMAP Choc Chip Cookies
After some low FODMAP chocolate chip cookies to hit the sweet spot? This recipe features creamy almond butter for a bit of extra decadence and dark chocolate chips to balance out the sweetness.
A safe low FODMAP serve of almond butter is 20 grams so you can enjoy one of these!
- 150g of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 150g almond butter
- 100g of caster sugar
- 2 small eggs
- 1 ½ cups low FODMAP flour (gluten-free can be used if not available)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 150g dark chocolate chips
- Whisk butter, almond butter and sugar together until combined, light and fluffy looking. (five minutes if hand whisking, three minutes using kitchen aid)
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until just combined.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and baking powder and fold through.
- Add chocolate chips when the mixture is ½ combined (this is to avoid overworking the batter!)
- Turn mixture onto a sheet of baking paper, roll into a log shape and refrigerate for an hour.
- While the batter is refrigerating, preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius on a fan-forced setting.
- Remove batter from the fridge and cut into 12 portions
- Bake (and watch like a hawk) for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies will be ready to come out when their base is a light gold. They may appear undercooked on top but they will harden as they cool!
- Let rest on the bench for 10 minutes
Recipe contributed by Olivia Campany