Grilled Maple Syrup and Cinnamon Pineapple
5 minutes preparation time, 8 minutes cooking time
½ small pineapple
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Cooking oil spray
Lactose-free or soy vanilla ice cream
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- Cut pineapple into four 1cm thick slices and carve out centre core with a small knife. Place a single layer of pineapple slices in a large flat dish.
- Combine maple syrup, olive oil, lime juice and cinnamon in a small bowl and pour over pineapple. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning pineapple in marinade once or twice.
- Spray a large grill pan, or BBQ, with cooking oil spray and heat over a medium heat.
- Grill pineapple slices in batches for 2 minutes on each side, or until tender and golden, basting once or twice with the remaining marinade,
- Allow pineapple to cool slightly before serving with a scoop of ice cream and chopped walnuts.
Please Log in to view this content.