Fudgey Pecan Brownies
30 minutes preparation time, 40-45 minutes cooking time
150g unsalted butter, chopped
300g dark chocolate
1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
¾ cup ground pecans
½ cup buckwheat flour
½ cup lactose-free sour cream
¼ cup dutch cocoa
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160 °C fan forced), and grease + line a 19cm x 29cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in sugar, cook + stir for 2 minutes. Cool for 10 min.
- Place pecans in a food-processor, process until ground (crumb-like). 1-1 ½ cups pecans should provide the ¾ cup ground pecans which is needed.
- Stir in eggs, ground pecans, flour, sour-cream, 2 tbsp of the sifted cocoa, and vanilla into the chocolate mixture until combined. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool in pan, then cut into squares.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with fresh raspberries and lactose-free vanilla ice-cream!
Makes 18 brownies