Easy Eggplant Dip
5-10 mins preparation time, 45 mins cooking time
Generous drizzle of garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
1 large eggplant, topped and halved
4 basil leaves, torn
¼ cup parsley, chopped
½ cup spring onion, green part only, chopped
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp turmeric
Cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180o
- Generously drizzle olive oil over base of casserole dish.
- Score the eggplant by slicing the flesh three times length ways and then three times perpendicular to this.
- Place eggplant in casserole dish, drizzle with olive oil, ensuring to get it into the slices.
- Combine basil, parsley, spring onion, pepper and cumin in a bowl. Pour over eggplant, and gently press into eggplant slices.
- Roast in oven for 45mins.
- Pour eggplant mixture into blender and pulse until a smooth paste forms.
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge.
Makes approximately 1 cup
Please Log in to view this content.