Citrus and thyme vegetable risotto
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of onion infused olive oil
- Green part of one leek, finely sliced
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 500 mls of vegetable low fodmap stock
- One zucchini, grated (up to 120g)
- 1 medium carrot cubed
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- Zest of ½ a lemon
1-2tbs Vegan ‘butter’
Salt and Pepper to taste
Nutritional yeast flakes (or vegan parmesan)
- Place pan on medium heat and sautee carrot and zucchini with ½ tablespoon of onion-infused oil until cooked and set aside.
- Next, add the leek and the remaining onion infused olive oil in the pan and sautee until soft.
- In another pot place vegetable stock and heat until a simmer
- Add the arborio rice and cook or 2-3 minutes, until the rice is translucent.
- Then add the wine, stirring until the rice has absorbed it.
- Slowly begin to add hot vegetable stock, stirring frequently and allowing all the liquid to be absorbed before adding more stock. Continue cooking and adding hot stock until the rice is tender to the tooth.
- Once cooked, add the zucchini and carrots back into the pan, season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat and place vegan butter on top of the risotto. Cover and let it stand for 2 minutes.
- Serve with nutritional yeast (or vegan fetta) and additional fresh thyme.
|Per 100g||Per serve|
Please Log in to view this content.