Christmas cookie jars
15-20 minutes preparation time, 10-15 minutes cooking time
Makes approx. 30 cookies
For the cookie jars
1 1/3 cups gluten-free plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup dark choc-chips
3/4 cup white choc-chips
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
Ingredients to add
1 tsp vanilla essence
125g unsalted butter, melted.
Stir all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160 °C fan forced), and grease + line a couple of trays with baking paper.
- Layer dry ingredients in a 1.2L capacity jar (as pictured). Or alternatively, just combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add in melted butter, egg and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Rolled dough into 1 tbsp size balls, and spread on baking trays. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Cool on wire rack, and enjoy!
Recipe inspired and modified from Bakerella