10-15 minutes preparation time, 30-35 minutes cooking time
200g unsalted butter, chopped
2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup chopped walnuts
½ cup dutch cocoa
1 cup gluten-free plain flour
Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160 °C fan forced), and grease + line a 20cm rectangle slice pan with baking paper (long ends hanging over edges).
- Melt butter and sugar in medium pan over low heat. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, sifted flour, and cocoa. Stir to combine, then add in eggs, one at a time.
- Fold in walnuts, then pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes. Cool in pan for 20 minutes, then refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Cut into 24-30 squares (depending on desired size) and enjoy!
Makes 24-30 brownies