Chicken and Tofu Rice Paper Rolls with Dipping Sauce
30-40 minutes preparation and assembly time, 15 minutes cooking time
2 cups water
1 cup low FODMAP stock
200g chicken breast
2 carrots, grated
2 cups iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
10 long green beans, finely chopped on a sharp diagonal
50 g vermicelli noodles, cooked as per instruction on packet
1 packet round rice paper sheets
Drizzle olive oil
2 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 long red chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- Bring water and stock to boil in a small – medium saucepan. Add chicken breast and poach for 12 minutes or until cooked through. When cooked, remove chicken from liquid and set aside to cool before shredding the meat into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in pan and cook tofu until golden.
- Combine shredded chicken, tofu, carrot, lettuce, beans and vermicelli noodles in large bowl.
- Place one sheet of rice paper in a dish of warm water until just softened.
- Lift sheet carefully from water and place on a board. Spoon a large dessert spoon or approximately a twelfth of mixture into the centre of the rice paper sheet. Fold the side closest to you over the mixture, then fold in the other sides and roll to enclose the filling. Repeat until all mixture has been used.
- Prepare dipping sauce by placing all ingredients in a small bowl and stirring to combine.
- Serve rice paper rolls with dipping sauce.
Makes 12 rolls