Chicken and Green Bean Chilli Con Carne
15 minutes preparation time, 45 minutes cooking time
2 tsp garlic infused olive oil
1 large carrot, grated
250g lean chicken mince
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground coriander
½ large red chill, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
1 red capsicum, diced
200g green beans, trimmed and cut into 1cm slices
400g tomato puree
2 Tbsp low FODMAP tomato paste
125g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
100g baby spinach leaves
Cracked black pepper
4 spring onion (green part only), sliced
1/3 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
Lime to serve
- Heat garlic infused olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté carrot for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add minced chicken and spices and cook for a further 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add chilli, capsicum, green beans, tomato puree, tomato paste and 1 cup of water to the saucepan and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes, or until the mixture is a thick consistency.
- Add cherry tomatoes and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir through coriander, spinach and season with cracked black pepper.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with spring onion, grated cheese and a squeeze of lime.