Caramelised Pumpkin and Pecan Salad
After a deliciously sweet salad for a Christmas side? This caramelised pumpkin and pecan salad will hit the spot at a half-cup serve for those on a low FODMAP diet.
Suitable for: gluten-free, celiac, low fodmap, vegetarian, vegan.
FODMAP-friendly: ½ cup considered low FODMAP. Japanese pumpkin is better for the low FODMAP diet than butternut.
How to serve: Perfect accompaniment for most roast meats and fish or on its own
- 1 pumpkin (Japanese/Kobacha preferred) washed, chopped, skin off
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp peppercorns
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10-12 pecan nuts
- Mix ½ the olive oil with paprika and cinnamon and coat pumpkin
- Add peppercorns
- Roast in oven at 175C for 20 mins
- Add the pecans to the roasting tray and cook with pumpkin for a further 10-15 mins till soft but not mushy
- Serve on a bed of greens of choice and pour over remaining oil from the roasting tray
This recipe was contributed by Lisel Varley