Buckwheat Pancakes with Banana and Yoghurt
5 mins preparation time, 6 mins cooking time
1 cup buckwheat flour
½ cup gluten free flour
½ cup LSA, or psyllium husk
2 Tbsp chia seeds
½- ¾ cup milk (lactose free, soy, almond or rice)
Drizzle macadamia oil
Spray oil – olive, rice bran, coconut or canola
4 medium just-ripe bananas, sliced in half, lengthways
4 spoons lactose free yoghurt
Drizzle maple syrup
- Add flour, LSA or psyllium and chia seeds in a mixing bowl and combine.
- Add egg, and stir.
- Once mixture is nearly combined, continue stirring and slowly pour milk and drizzle of macadamia oil in.
- Lightly coat heated fry pan with oil.
- Add batter to fry pan, a little at a time for small pancakes, or more for larger ones (most fry pans fit 2 medium sized pancakes at a time).
- Cook on one side for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook other side.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, heat oil and lightly fry bananas.
- Arrange 2 pancakes on each plate (8 pancakes total), then add yoghurt and banana on top.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, and serve.