Buckwheat Macadamia and Choc Chip Biscuits
10 minutes preparation time, 12-15 minutes cooking time
1 cup buckwheat flour
½ tsp bicarbonate soda
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup macadamia nuts, crushed
¼ cup small dark chocolate pieces
2 Tbsp macadamia oil
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC and line two trays with baking paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, use a fork mix the macadamia oil, maple syrup and egg until a smooth, consistent liquid is formed.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to bring all ingredients together. If the mixture appears too runny add a little more buckwheat flour or macadamia nuts.
- Spread tablespoon sized portions of biscuit mixture evenly over the baking trays and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on a tray 5-10 minutes before eating.
Makes 18 biscuits