15 minutes preparation time, 5 minutes cooking time
8 slices traditional sourdough (see article on how to choose sourdough)
4 medium tomatoes, diced
2 tbsp garlic infused extra virgin olive oil + extra to drizzle
4 tbsp chopped basil
4 heaped tbsp. of finely chopped shallots (green part only)
Salt and pepper
80g goats cheese
2 tbsp white vinegar
- In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, oil, shallots, basil, salt and pepper.
- Fill a deep saucepan 3/4 full of water, add vinegar and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a low heat then add eggs, one at a time. Cook for 3 minutes.
- While the water is boiling, toast the sourdough. Spread each slice with 10g of the goats cheese, and top with the tomato mixture.
- Drain eggs with a slotted spoon and place on top of the bruschetta.
- Finish off with some extra shallots, basil, goats cheese and a drizzle of the garlic infused olive oil.