Bolognese With Low FODMAP Vegetables and Gluten Free Spaghetti
10 minutes preparation time, 30 minutes cooking time
2 Tbsp garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
500g lean beef mince
10 cm green part of leek, chopped
½ cup pitted black Kalamata olives, chopped
1 zucchini, sliced
½ large eggplant, chopped (approximately ¾ cup)
1 can chopped tomatoes
½ cup red wine
1 handful basil
1 handful oregano
½ handful thyme
Cracked pepper, to taste
2-3 cups gluten free pasta
3 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
Fresh shaved Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add the beef mince and green leek and cook while stirring until evenly browned.
- Add the olives, zucchini and eggplant, and stir through.
- Stir through both cans of tomatoes and red wine and cook for 2-3 minutes before adding the herbs and spices.
- Simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes (to allow flavour to cook through and aroma to develop). If the sauce appears dry, add a little water.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil and add the gluten free pasta. Cooking as per packet directions.
- Just before serving, add the baby spinach to the Bolognese sauce and fold through until just wilted.
- Serve Bolognese sauce over the cooked pasta and top with a light sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Note: This Bolognese sauce recipe works really well in the Low FODMAP Lasagne recipe. To save time, double the quantities above and freeze for later use in either dish. Enjoy!
Please Log in to view this content.