Bolognese With Low FODMAP Vegetables and Gluten Free Spaghetti
10 minutes preparation time, 30 minutes cooking time
2 Tbsp garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
500g lean beef mince
10 cm green part of leek, chopped
½ cup pitted black Kalamata olives, chopped
1 medium zucchini, sliced
½ large eggplant, chopped (approximately ¾ cup)
1 can chopped tomatoes
½ cup red wine
1 handful basil
1 handful oregano
½ handful thyme
Cracked pepper, to taste
2-3 cups gluten free pasta
3 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
Fresh shaved Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add the beef mince and green leek and cook while stirring until evenly browned.
- Add the olives, zucchini and eggplant, and stir through.
- Stir through both cans of tomatoes and red wine and cook for 2-3 minutes before adding the herbs and spices.
- Simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes (to allow flavour to cook through and aroma to develop). If the sauce appears dry, add a little water.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil and add the gluten free pasta. Cooking as per packet directions.
- Just before serving, add the baby spinach to the Bolognese sauce and fold through until just wilted.
- Serve Bolognese sauce over the cooked pasta and top with a light sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Note: This Bolognese sauce recipe works really well in the Low FODMAP Lasagne recipe. To save time, double the quantities above and freeze for later use in either dish. Enjoy!