Blueberry and Strawberry Crumble
10 minute preparation time, 30 minutes cooking time
¾ cup brown sugar
3 cups gluten free self-raising flour
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 large egg
1 tsp xanthan gum (this is optional, but helps the mixture rise and stick together)
250g fresh strawberries, halved
¾ cup frozen blueberries
Lactose free ice-cream, cream or yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Mix together sugar, gluten free self-rising flour, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- If using, add guar gum (or xantham) now.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl. Add butter, and soften slightly in the microwave. Pour the butter and egg into the dry ingredients. Stir vigorously until wet and dry ingredients are well combined forming a dough.
- Place three quarters of the dough into the baking tin, and press in firmly to create a base.
- Layer the dough base with blueberries and then arrange the strawberries on top.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until just golden.
- Serve with lactose free icecream, yoghurt or cream.
Serving suggestion: This recipe also works well as a slice. Allow it to cool before slicing.
Please Log in to view this content.