5 minutes preparation time, 30-35 minutes cooking time
1 ¼ cup gluten-free self-raising flour
¼ cup brown rice flour
¼ cup caster sugar
1 cup almond milk (or lactose-free milk)
30g butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups frozen blueberries/raspberries
1/3 cup brown sugar
Maple syrup and fresh berries, to serve
- In a medium bowl combine sifted flours and sugar.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour/sugar and add eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Whisk until smooth and well-combined.
- Heat a fry-pan to medium heat, and add in a touch of butter or spray lightly with canola oil.
- Add 1/3 cup of pancake mixture into the fry pan. Add on bluberries and a sprinkle of the brown sugar (this make it nice and golden). Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to appear, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh berries and a dollop of lactose-free yoghurt or lactose-free ice-cream.
Makes 8-10 pancakes