Beef and Vegetable Cottage Pie
10 minutes preparation time, 30 minutes cooking time
- Olive oil spray
- 300g potatoes, skin removed and cut into chunks
- Garlic infused extra virgin olive oil to grease pan
- 500g lean beef, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1 leek, green portion only, sliced thinly
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- ½ handful parsley
- ½ handful oregano
- ¼ cup Low FODMAP stock (see recipe, or use premade stock)
- 1 tsp gluten free plain flour
- Pre-heat oven to 200o
- Lightly spray four medium ramekins with olive oil to grease.
- Place potatoes in a microwave proof bowl with a little water. Cover and microwave for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and easy to mash. Drain water and mash potato until smooth.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, heat a frying pan and drizzle with garlic infused extra virgin olive oil.
- Add beef and green portion of leek and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add carrot, zucchini, capsicum and herbs and stir through.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the low FODMAP stock and gluten free flour.
- Simmer for a further 3-4 minutes until stock has reduced slightly, stirring to ensure all ingredients are well coated.
- Place four ramekins on a lined baking tray.
- Divide the mixture evenly between each ramekin.
- Spread mashed potato over the top of each ramekin and bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or until potato is golden on top.
Please Log in to view this content.