All In Beef Stir-fry with Chilli and Ginger
10 minutes preparation time, 30 minutes cooking time
2 cups brown rice
Sesame oil to grease pan
1 long red chilli, chopped (extra if you like it hot)
1 ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
500g lean beef, sliced into thin strips
2 bunches choy sum
2 bunches Chinese broccoli
1 bunch bok choy
1 medium zucchini, sliced
½ tsp gluten free soy sauce
¼ cup water
- Cook the rice in a saucepan or rice cooker, as per instructions on packet. This will take approximately 30 minutes.
- Whilst the rice is cooking, lightly grease a hot pan with sesame oil. Once heated, add chilli and grated ginger and stir until fragrant. Add beef and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the pan to medium heat and add choy sum, Chinese broccoli, bok choy and zucchini and stir-fry until the vegetables have wilted. Once all ingredients are cooked, return wok to high heat and add the rice.
- Add soy sauce to a small dish and top up with ¼ cup water.
- Stir through soy sauce and water. Cook all ingredients for a further 5 minutes
Note: If desired, use quick cook brown rice that cooks in 40-90 seconds in the microwave. This will reduce cooking time of the entire meal to 10 minutes.
Please Log in to view this content.