Baked Potato with Veggie Sauce
10 minutes preparation time, 1 hour cooking time
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 Tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- ½ cup low-fat tasty cheese
- Sea salt
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 5 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 heaped Tbsp low FODMAP tomato paste
- ½ cup fresh basil, leaves torn
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat an oven to 200o
- Place all sauce ingredients in a large saucepan and place over low-medium heat.
- Cover and gently simmering for 1- 1½ hours, or until the sauce has thickened. Stir periodically to prevent the sauce from sticking.
- Meanwhile, scrub potatoes and pierce several times with a fork. Rub skins with garlic infused olive oil and a little sea salt.
- Place potatoes in preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes, or until soft and golden brown.
- Remove potatoes from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut a deep cross in the top of each cooked potato and using a clean tea towel squeeze base gently to open up.
- Top each potato with veggie sauce and grated cheese.
Note: Veggie sauce can be made ahead of time and potatoes cooked in the microwave. Simply prepare the potatoes as described above and cook individually on a microwave safe plate for 5 minutes. Turnover and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
Please Log in to view this content.