Asian Beef Salad
10 minutes preparation time, 10 minutes cooking time
- Extra virgin olive oil to grease pan
- ¼ tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped (remove seeds if you wish)
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf
- 400 g lean beef, thinly sliced into pieces
- 2 handfuls fresh coriander, leaves torn
- 2 handfuls fresh basil, leaves torn
- 1 handful fresh mint, leaves torn
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 handful green beans, trimmed
- 1 cucumber, sliced into long thin pieces
- ½ cup red cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup white cabbage, shredded
- ¼ tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp toasted peanuts, chopped
- Heat a large frying pan and grease with extra virgin olive oil. Once oil is hot, add the ginger and half the chilli and mix until fragrant. Add the kaffir lime leaf.
- Place beef slices into the pan and stir-fry for approximately 3-4 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest.
- Leaving a little of the herbs to the side for garnish at the end, divide the remaining herbs, along with the carrot, cucumber and cabbage evenly between four bowls.
- Arrange beef strips on top of the salad.
- Combine brown sugar, sesame oil, lime juice and soy sauce in a small bowl and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour dressing over the salad and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
Note: Swap the beef for tofu if you want to make it vegetarian!